Exchange 2016 CU 8 Installation Error! RRS feed

• Question

• Good evening, I am trying to install Exchange Server 2016 on my server. During installation setup fails at step 7 of 14: Mailbox role: Transport service. I have attached the relevant portion of the log file as well as a screenshot of the installer. Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide me in this matter.

Error:
    The following error was generated when "$error.Clear(); 
              if ( ($server -eq $null) -and ($RoleIsDatacenter -ne $true) )
              {
                Update-RmsSharedIdentity -ServerName $RoleNetBIOSName
              }
            " was run: "Microsoft.Exchange.Data.DataValidationException: Database is mandatory on UserMailbox.
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADDataSession.Save(ADObject instanceToSave, IEnumerable`1 properties, Boolean bypassValidation)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.Recipient.ADRecipientObjectSession.Save(ADRecipient instanceToSave, String callerFilePath, Int32 callerFileLine, String memberName)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Deployment.UpdateRmsSharedIdentity.Link()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Deployment.UpdateRmsSharedIdentity.InternalProcessRecord()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.<ProcessRecord>b__91_1()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.InvokeRetryableFunc(String funcName, Action func, Boolean terminatePipelineIfFailed)".
    Monday, April 2, 2018 11:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on the setup error message, it indicates that the issue is related to a mailbox object which doesn't have a Mailbox Database attribute valid value.

Per my experience, the problematic object should be the federated built-in e-mail account.

To fix the issue, we should delete the "FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042" account in ADUC, then prepare AD again to generate a new object, then restart the setup.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by michaelsoher Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:18 PM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 8:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on the setup error message, it indicates that the issue is related to a mailbox object which doesn't have a Mailbox Database attribute valid value.

Per my experience, the problematic object should be the federated built-in e-mail account.

To fix the issue, we should delete the "FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042" account in ADUC, then prepare AD again to generate a new object, then restart the setup.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by michaelsoher Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:18 PM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 8:34 AM
  • Hi,

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Where in ADUC would I find this object?
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 3:07 PM
  • Hi,

We could find it in ADUC -> Users container.

Regards,

Manu Meng

• Marked as answer by michaelsoher Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:15 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by michaelsoher Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:18 PM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 4:49 PM