none
How can i disable BitLocker in Windows 8.1 RT? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys! Please tell me how can i disable BitLocker in Windows 8.1 RT? I have't DISABLE BITLOCKER button in "Bitlocker drive encryption".

I don't care about BitLocker Encryption, but sometime when i start my Lenovo Yoga 11, windows ask me about the BITLOCKER KEY... I HATE IT!!! I don't need it. So how can i DISABLE this?

Why i can't make my choice??? It's my device, but i can't manage it.. 

Monday, June 20, 2016 6:06 AM

All replies

• You may either right click on the driver which is encrypted with Bitlocker and select turn off Bitlocker or open start and search for Bitlocker and open Bitlocker setting in control panel and turn it off from there.
    Monday, June 20, 2016 1:45 PM
  • Hi! I haven't such option in menu. Please wait, i'll post screenshots here..

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:04 AM
  • You should find Bitlocker options in Control Panel.
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:01 PM
  • You can not do either one of those things in Windows RT...
    Monday, January 9, 2017 11:16 AM
  • There is no Control Panel applet for Bitlocker in Windows RT...
    Monday, January 9, 2017 11:17 AM
  • First, go here. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee706522(WS.10).aspx

You are going to use Manage-bde. Specifically this function

-protectors

Syntax

manage-bde -protectors {-get | -add -delete | -disable | -enable-adbackupVolume [-ComputerName Name]

Parameters

-get

Displays key protection methods.

-add

Adds key protection methods as specified by using the following parameters:

Volume

Represents a drive letter followed by a colon.

-ForceUpgrade

Forces the BitLocker version to be upgraded.

-RecoveryPassword

Adds a numerical password protector. You can also use -rp as an abbreviated version of this command.

-RecoveryKey

Adds an external key protector for recovery. You can also use-rk as an abbreviated version of this command.

-StartupKey

Adds an external key protector for startup. You can also use -sk as an abbreviated version of this command.

-Certificate

Adds a public key protector for a data drive. You can also use –cert as an abbreviated version of this command. When using this parameter, you must identify the certificate file that contains the public key you want to use by appending either –cf and then providing the path to the certificate file or –ct and then typing the certificate thumbprint.

-TPMandPIN

Adds a TPM and PIN protector for the operating system drive. You can also use -tp as an abbreviated version of this command.

-TPMandStartupKey

Adds a TPM and startup key protector for the operating system drive. You can also use -tsk as an abbreviated version of this command.

-TPMandPINandStartupKey

Adds a TPM and PIN and startup key protector for the operating system drive.

-tpm

Adds a TPM protector for the operating system drive.

-password

Adds a password key protector for the data drive. You can also use -pw as an abbreviated version of this command.

-delete

Deletes key protection methods. To allow continued access to BitLocker-encrypted drives, deleting the last key protector disables all key protectors. All key protectors are removed by this command unless a parameter is used to define which key protector to delete. The following list defines the optional parameters that can be used with this command:

Volume

-type

Identifies the key protector to delete (for example, TPMAndStartupKey).

-id

Identifies the key protector to delete by ID value.

-disable

Disables protection, which will allow anyone to access encrypted data by making the encryption key available unsecured on drive. No key protectors are removed.

-enable

Enables protection by removing the unsecured encryption key from the drive. All configured key protectors on the drive will be enforced.

-adbackup

Backs up all recovery information for the drive specified to Active Directory Domain Services. To back up only a single recovery key, append the –id parameter and specify the ID of the recovery key to back up.

Volume

-ComputerName

Specifies that Manage-bde is being used to modify BitLocker protection on a different computer. You can also use -cn as an abbreviated version of this command.

Name

Represents the name of the computer on which to modify BitLocker protection. Accepted values include the computer's NetBIOS name and the computer's IP address.

Remarks

Manages protection methods for the encryption key.

Example

To disable for drive C: use

manage-bde -protectors -disable C:

• Proposed as answer by CptDraco Monday, January 9, 2017 11:22 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by CptDraco Monday, January 9, 2017 11:25 AM
    • Proposed as answer by CptDraco Monday, January 9, 2017 11:34 AM
    • Edited by CptDraco Monday, January 9, 2017 11:36 AM edited for clarity
    Monday, January 9, 2017 11:22 AM