none
Problem with DPM 2012 version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, We are running on DPM 2012 Beta 1. I have downloaded the program from the volume licensing site. Now when I open the DPM Console, there is a message saying the DPM is evaluation version and will expire in 77 days. When I check, the version number is: 4.0.3152.0 (eval version) Any ideas on this? How can I enter my license key from the volume licensing site, or should I reinstall from stratch? Kind regards, Onur
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 12:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no upgrade path from beta to RTM. You must start from scratch to get on dpm 2012 Sp1.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, January 21, 2013 4:57 PM

All replies

• You will have to rerun the setup routine to enter your registration key.

Normally you will not have to start from scratch but your install will be updated to the RTM version + the key will be added.

A thorough check after this operation is advised though.

It's doing common things uncommonly well that brings succes.

Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:58 PM
  • Hi,

There is no upgrade path from beta to RTM. You must start from scratch to get on dpm 2012 Sp1.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, January 21, 2013 4:57 PM