Error after sealing MP RRS feed

• Question

• I’m trying to seal my first MP.

I have unsealed MP that it used for distributed applications. All news distributed applications created are relation with this MP.

I have edited xml file of this MP and change version to 1.0.0.1.

After, I have sealed MP thanks to Jonathan Almquist blog with 1.0.0.1 ver.

From Operation Console, I have deleted old unsealed distributed application MP, and import new sealed MP ver 1.0.0.1.

After that, I can’t view any distributed applications in “Authoring/Distributed Applications” that it was made for us. However, I can view/select old distributed application in “Reporting/Service Level Tracking Summary Report” when I do click over “Add/Add Service Levels”.

I have deleted sealed MP from “Operation Console/administration” and import old ver.1.0.0.0. but the problem continue.

I can see with SQL query MP installed on Operation Manager db:
    MPName: XXX.MP.Aplicaciones.distribuidas   MPVersion: 1.0.0.0

Any help would be so much appreciated! :)

Thursday, August 5, 2010 11:38 AM

Answers

• Finally, the problem it was resolved doing:

- Edit xml MP, change “ContentReadable” to “true”.

After, the name of distributed application and his components was their GUIDs. I have changed each name manually.

Cheers!

• Marked as answer by Entelekia Wednesday, September 1, 2010 11:03 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 11:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

May I know if the distributed applications are missing or if they are listed in the Distributed Applications but not accessible?

I also noticed the following thread which is about change the unsealed management pack with a sealed one:

After seal a Management Pack, how to import

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/operationsmanagermgmtpacks/thread/278b47f0-128b-4eb6-9b5f-24ae00140c10

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, August 20, 2010 9:46 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Entelekia Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:51 AM
    Friday, August 6, 2010 9:40 AM
  • Finally, the problem it was resolved doing:

- Edit xml MP, change “ContentReadable” to “true”.

After, the name of distributed application and his components was their GUIDs. I have changed each name manually.

Cheers!

• Marked as answer by Entelekia Wednesday, September 1, 2010 11:03 AM
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 11:02 AM