Forefront Online Protection for Exchange - Cannot Receive Password Reset Email RRS feed

• Question

• One of our users cannot gain access into her quarantined emails.

I've entered her username and clicked on need your password. No email from Microsoft is being received to reset her password.

what other means can we gain access?  She is missing out on important client emails.

thank you

Thursday, December 5, 2013 8:12 PM

Answers

• Finally got the admin username and located the user. However there wasn't a user with the primary email address created. So I created one and logged in following the need your password and everything worked.
    • Marked as answer by RRI-BY Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:33 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you do follow the steps below? Please check it again

• Go to the FOPE Sign In page at http://admin.messaging.microsoft.com/.
    • Click Need Your Password?    
    • In the User Name text box, enter your Microsoft Online Services ID, and click Send.    
    • You will receive an email from exmailer@microsoft.com. The email will say, "To set or reset your password, go to:" and will provide a link. Click the link.
    • In the Set New Password dialog box, enter your password in the New Password and Confirm new Password text boxes and click Submit.

Best Regards

Quan Gu

Friday, December 6, 2013 3:12 AM
  • Yes, I have tried that. That's how I was able to gain access for my own mailbox but this one user is having issues receiving the password reset email.
    Friday, December 6, 2013 4:27 PM
  • I would also like to add that our user does receive an initial email saying that there are messages quarantined. So that would mean, the email address associated with the mailbox should be able to gain access, but after clicking on need your password and submitting the username, no email from exmailer@microsoft.com is received.

Could that message get quarantined?  Need help ASAP

Monday, December 9, 2013 10:25 PM
  • I'd like to add that our admins did not create the usernames. Looks like it's built in with our Exchange server.  

How can we check or edit the Forefront settings to see how this user was setup?  We are still unable to receive the password reset email.

Monday, December 16, 2013 11:29 PM
  • Finally got the admin username and located the user. However there wasn't a user with the primary email address created. So I created one and logged in following the need your password and everything worked.
    • Marked as answer by RRI-BY Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:33 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:33 PM