Outlook 2010 Email Deletion Rules RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Techies,

I would like to know how to set up an Outlook rule to delete the prior day’s email, when the current day’s email is received.  The subject and sender will always be the same.

Say for example;  I have an email that contains a report of yesterday's tickets that were created. I expect an email of today's tickets but would like yesterday's tickets to be deleted upon receipt of the current days tickets.

My reports would be generated daily, so I am attempting to avoid a cluster of ticketing reports building up. Please inform and advise. Thanks!

AjFiber

Note: Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
    • Edited by AJFiber Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:36 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 3:24 PM

Answers

• Since rules only activate when an email is received or sent, and can only operate on the email that was received or sent, I don't think you can accomplish that with a rule. Your best bet, if it's allowed in your environment, is to create a rule to move all these reports to their own folder when they arrive, and then set a very short retention policy on that folder.

-Peter

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Friday, March 18, 2016 1:42 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:33 PM