none
Using Object SID / Resource SID in a FIM Portal Set / Filter RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to configure a Set that shows which users have been provisioned to Active Directory but are missing another attribute. I was intending to confirm they are in AD by filtering objects based on their Resource ID (ObjectSID)....

Unfortunately Resource ID(ObjectSID) does not appear in the list of filters?

I have checked the 'filter permissions' and it is in the approved list for Administrators

I have checked the attribute and binding details but couldn't see anything I know of that would omit it from the filters.

Thanks
    mtwelve

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:26 AM

Answers

• AFAIK you cannot use it directly, but you have some options

1) Create an attribute like ADProvisioned (boolean) and use inbound synchronization to set that to true 

2) Use and advanced flow to read objectsid from ad to one of your own attributes

3) Expected state detection: Introduction to Expected State Detection (see All Enabled ADDS Users set)

• Marked as answer by mtwelve Tuesday, September 3, 2013 11:54 AM
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:54 AM

All replies

• AFAIK you cannot use it directly, but you have some options

1) Create an attribute like ADProvisioned (boolean) and use inbound synchronization to set that to true 

2) Use and advanced flow to read objectsid from ad to one of your own attributes

3) Expected state detection: Introduction to Expected State Detection (see All Enabled ADDS Users set)

• Marked as answer by mtwelve Tuesday, September 3, 2013 11:54 AM
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:54 AM
  • Thank you Gaston

I have gone with the custom attribute and Inbound Sync Rule

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 11:55 AM