performance index broken RRS feed

• Question

• Hello...

I am running Vista Ulimate on a 64 bit HP laptop.  After I upgraded to a solid state drive, I ran performance index again to see what the improvements were.  However it failed to run.  It quit about 3/4rs of the way after it said assessing CPU, then it said something about memory performance, then it quit.  When I go to system information, the laptop sees my two, 2GB sticks.  I did not think I had any memory issues, but my friend came over and checked my memory.  He said it was fine.  However performance index still would not run.  So I bought new memory and plugged it in.  Same issue.  Reading on the web, I saw where it said to delete the files in the windows/performance data score folder so I did.  Now nothing is visitable and it still will not run.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

jack

Saturday, March 19, 2011 9:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

please open the file "C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\winsat.log" and look for errors. Which error do you see? You can also try to delete the XML files from the folder C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore and run the Index calculation agin.

regards
    André
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:15 PM