none
Windows 10 Client unable to get Windows update from WSUS (Windows Server 2012 R2) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 10 PC with 1809 build. I had approve the patches for the Month of July for both Microsoft and Windows Security updates. Once approved, I only managed to get the updates from only Microsoft Office, except for one update (KB4032236). No updates appearing in my for Windows Security updates, for example the Cumulative updates, Servicing Stack and .Net Framwork updates. It will show and error "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8024500c)" I have the steps, such as Clearing the Windows Store Cache, Re-install Windows Store, Run App troubleshooter etc. Basically we have tried all the steps, but failed using the error code. Is there any other solutions to this matter where we can receive the updates from WSUS again?
    Friday, July 19, 2019 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The 0x8024500c error occurs after a multiple reasons, can you try with the following steps: 

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-error-0x8024500c-windows-update

Regards,

SAAD Youssef

______

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help, thank you!

Friday, July 19, 2019 10:38 AM
  • Hi,

I have found the update applies to only Windows 7-based computers that have Microsoft Office 2016 installed.

More information please refer to the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4032236/july-2-2019-update-for-office-2016-kb4032236

Please check your PC's version again.

Hope above information can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 22, 2019 3:08 AM
  • Hi There,

I have tried using this steps before, but it could'nt resolve the issue still. Is there any other options or article that u have? Would like to know why this actually happens as this is the first time I encounter this error on the test machine. 

Thanks!

Monday, July 22, 2019 9:32 AM
  • Hi,

Your system is Windows 10.

But the update supported operating system is Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:41 AM
  • Hi,

Yes I just spot that the KB only supports for Windows 7. But for these 3 KB's, KB4502564, KB4509095 and KB4505658. When I push to the machines, it appear the same error as well.  "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8024500c)" 

Have checked the three KB's are supported to my current machines, which is Windows 10 with 1809 build. May we know whats the actual cause of why this 3 KB's did not appear in the machine even after approving the patches?

Thank you.
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 4:48 AM
  • Hi,

Try the steps below:

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Try creating a new user account then see if you can update.

If nothing works for you, double-check your GPO's including registry entries.

Hope these can help you.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:01 AM