How to check LDAP version on domain controller RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am in situation where I need to check the which version of LDAP 2 or 3 used in my domain.

can anyone suggest how to check it.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

I think your problem has been solved in another post. Please refer the following similar issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/89ac522b-d21e-4b2c-ba28-0b3cd7c96b9d/version-of-ldap-in-ad-ds?forum=windowsserver2008r2general

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 8:45 AM
  • Hello,

If you have Active directory powershell module you can run :

Get-ADRootDSE -Server domainfqdn

And check the line supportedLDAPVersion.

Or you can run :

(Get-ADRootDSE -Server domainfqdn).supportedLDAPVersion
    Best Regards,

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 9:07 AM
  • Or, if you don't have the AD PowerShell module installed, you can run this from any Windows computer:

Set oRootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://RootDSE")

For Each sVersion In oRootDSE.Get("SupportedLDAPVersion")
        Wscript.Echo sVersion
    Next

hth
    Marcin

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 1:30 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

LEE

Just do it.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:53 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:47 AM