Speaker problems of a different kind. Sound goes away after being logged in for so long then comes back after logging out or restarting. RRS feed

• Question

• Long story short, I dropped my laptop on the side where it charges. So in addition to my charger being bent almost beyond belief, something fell out of place in my laptop. At first, things were fine until the sound suddenly went away. I panicked and logged out

As I was logging out, the sound came back. Now when i logged back in, I can hear fine. After awhile, the sound suddenly went away. So I had a little process of logging back in and out in desperation. 

I contacted HP through online chat because my warranty ended and they told me to update Conexant Audioblahblah and Realtek. After installing realtek, I get a red x and the dreadful NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED. 

I have no Idea what to do. Do I need to replace anything? The customer service reps and I tried just about everything. BIOS sound works fine, and that only.

Please help.
    Monday, November 9, 2009 1:58 AM

All replies

• Now I can't even get my audio back at all. It's just a big red x over the volume icon. I talked to HP and they told me that I have to either replace my whole motherboard or buy an external sound card. They suddenly told me I couldn't buy the sound card and that i had to buy a motherboard. I don't know if that's right or if they're just going for my money

I really need help!
    Monday, November 9, 2009 1:31 PM