How to get rid onth WSUS notifcation in Server Manager RRS feed

• Question

• I recently built a distributed Configuration Manager site. I have a remote WSUS on a separate server. In order to satisfy the CM perquisite check, the site server must have  at east the WSUS service installed, which I have. So now I am left with the waraning to launch the post configuration task in server manager. This will fail, as there is nothing to configure.

So the question now is, is there any way to get rid of the warning permanently?

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Joseph,

>>So the question now is, is there any way to get rid of the warning permanently?

Run the WSUS post install wizard. If the WSUS service will not be used, you can just ignore the warning.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 1, 2016 1:51 AM
  • Thanks Steven. This is what I knew and figured. However, my senior admins  seem to disagree and think there should be a way to get rid of the warning. Having the warning doesn't do any harm, but it is also annoying to remain there.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 7:02 PM
  • In order to satisfy the CM perquisite check, the site server must have  at east the WSUS service installed, which I have.

That just doesn't sound right. It's certainly not a requirement for CM2012R2 or previous.
    Are you seeing this in CM Current Branch (1511 or 1512) ?

The site server has no functional requirement for WSUS at all in any way. The SUP sure does. IF you have installed the SUP role on your site server, then it's actually the SUP role which requires it, and the binaries/console etc are certainly required, so that the SUP component can make the relevant API calls to the WSUS services.

If you do launch the post-install-config task (which you can do so), you can proceed up to a point, which would satisfy the nag-box, without compromising your design.

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 8:57 PM