SCOM 2016 server upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have SCOM 2016 installed on windows server 2012 R2. No I would like to upgrade OS to 2016. What is the best approach for in-place upgrade step by step process.

Thanks

Thursday, November 10, 2016 5:31 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The best and recommend practice is to do a clean install if you want to move to Windows Server 2016. But un-place upgrade should work. I suggest you have at least two management server in your management group, so that during the upgrade, your agent can also report to your management group.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 11, 2016 8:02 AM
  • Thanks Yan,

Would like to know what are steps/ does it have impact on SCOM installed features.

Sunday, November 13, 2016 10:29 PM
  • Hello,

During the upgrade, the service will be stopped. As long as you have another management server, your agent should be able to failover.

If you do not want to do a clean install, I suggest you first back up your server and then do the upgrade.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, November 28, 2016 2:58 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2016 8:01 AM