none
Issue with submitting an article to Wiki RRS feed

Answers

• Thanks for contributing to the Wiki. I have also seen errors lately when editing Wiki articles. There is a long timeout, then I get the following message:

Is this what you experience? In all cases I can remember, the update was saved (I did not lose anything), but often the comments I include with the update are lost. I do not know what causes this, but it has happened to me more often the last few days.

To delete an article (such as your duplicate), edit the article as follows:

• Remove the title and replace it with something similar to "Delete This Article". You may need to follow with a date to make the title unique.
      • Remove the contents of the article and replace it with the same string, "Delete This Article".
      • Remove all tags and replace with "Candidate for deletion".

The tag "Candidate for deletion" flags the Wiki administrators to delete the article for you.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Proposed as answer by Horizon_Net Friday, September 21, 2012 8:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kumar Ashwini Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:26 AM
    Friday, September 21, 2012 4:12 PM

All replies

• Thanks for contributing to the Wiki. I have also seen errors lately when editing Wiki articles. There is a long timeout, then I get the following message:

Is this what you experience? In all cases I can remember, the update was saved (I did not lose anything), but often the comments I include with the update are lost. I do not know what causes this, but it has happened to me more often the last few days.

To delete an article (such as your duplicate), edit the article as follows:

• Remove the title and replace it with something similar to "Delete This Article". You may need to follow with a date to make the title unique.
      • Remove the contents of the article and replace it with the same string, "Delete This Article".
      • Remove all tags and replace with "Candidate for deletion".

The tag "Candidate for deletion" flags the Wiki administrators to delete the article for you.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Proposed as answer by Horizon_Net Friday, September 21, 2012 8:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kumar Ashwini Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:26 AM
    Friday, September 21, 2012 4:12 PM
  • Hi,

Richard gave you already most of the information you need. I had this problem very often a while ago. Since this time I copy the whole article to the clipboard before submitting it. If something goes wrong, I can either update the article or try it a second time. This is not really a good practice, but it saved me a lot of time (because there is no need to create the article completely new a second time).

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Friday, September 21, 2012 8:29 PM
  • HI Richard,

Thanks for guiding me thru this. Now i have updated the Tagline and Title as - Delete This Article

Regards,

Ashwini

Know more about Messaging :-)

Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:25 AM
  • Well this is always to have copy of your content, You said right.

thanks,

Ashwini

Know more about Messaging :-)

Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:27 AM
  • As an addition to copying out the article before submitting, I usually switch to HTML view and copy that code out.
    Friday, September 28, 2012 9:25 AM
  • Kumar, 

I just gave a new title to the thread to help others finding the answer (or workarounds) for the same issue easily.

Thanks,

Zoli

Friday, September 28, 2012 2:05 PM