none
Portfolio Analysis - Is it possible to remove this requirement " * Analysis Primary Cost Constraint: A project cost or number custom field is required to create an analysis." ? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to remove the primary cost constraint criteria when you are are creating a portfolio analysis within Project Online?

• Edited by Mlle Mixis Monday, October 16, 2017 11:11 PM
    Monday, October 16, 2017 11:08 PM

Answers

• Actually, now that I look, I named it "ProjectCost" and type: cost (not number as I originally typed). Sorry about that. Otherwise, yes, that's all I did aside from clicking "Save".

• Name: ProjectCost
    • Description: (I left it blank)
    • Entity: Project
    • Type: Cost
    • Custom Attributes: None
    • Department: None
    • Values to display: data
    • Behavior: (I left them both unchecked)
    • Require that this field has information: No

Save. Then try running your analysis again, this time selecting "ProjectCost" as the "Analysis Primary Cost Constraint."

Ian

• Edited by Ian Bruckner Tuesday, October 17, 2017 4:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mlle Mixis Tuesday, October 17, 2017 4:25 PM
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:50 PM

All replies

• I haven't found that to be possible, no. To get around it, I just created an enterprise field for projects, type cost, called "cost", and didn't give it any values.

Ian

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:38 PM
  • Hello,

How did you go about that?

pwa settings>enterprise custom field and lookup tables> under Enterprise Custom Fields, did you select 'new field'? > then  you named it cost, kept entity as project, and changed the type to number?

Please clarify the steps.

Thank you.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:39 PM
  • Actually, now that I look, I named it "ProjectCost" and type: cost (not number as I originally typed). Sorry about that. Otherwise, yes, that's all I did aside from clicking "Save".

• Name: ProjectCost
    • Description: (I left it blank)
    • Entity: Project
    • Type: Cost
    • Custom Attributes: None
    • Department: None
    • Values to display: data
    • Behavior: (I left them both unchecked)
    • Require that this field has information: No

Save. Then try running your analysis again, this time selecting "ProjectCost" as the "Analysis Primary Cost Constraint."

Ian

• Edited by Ian Bruckner Tuesday, October 17, 2017 4:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mlle Mixis Tuesday, October 17, 2017 4:25 PM
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:50 PM