none
Retrieve Task Status Indicator in OData RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to retrieve the calculated field "Task Status Indicator" in an OData feed?

Thanks,

Sean Zeno

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Sean,

The Task status indicator is a project client feature and is not alas available in the OData feed, and alas neither is the status field (which returns 0,1,2 or3) depending on whether the task is complete, late, onschedule or a future task.   However of course you could build your own status in Power BI by creating a new column to hold whether the task is overdue, for example 

TaskIsOverdue = [Percent Completed]<100 && [Finish Date]<TODAY() 

This will give you a Boolean value which can then be used as a visual level filter for a task list; adding in another filter for TaskIsSummary = False and you've got a list of overdue tasks.  

In addition the latest Content Pack from Microsoft has indicators on it, I'm sure you'll be able to work out how to create indicators against late tasks etc, thereby replicating the status indicator function.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Thursday, June 14, 2018 8:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Sean,

The Task status indicator is a project client feature and is not alas available in the OData feed, and alas neither is the status field (which returns 0,1,2 or3) depending on whether the task is complete, late, onschedule or a future task.   However of course you could build your own status in Power BI by creating a new column to hold whether the task is overdue, for example 

TaskIsOverdue = [Percent Completed]<100 && [Finish Date]<TODAY() 

This will give you a Boolean value which can then be used as a visual level filter for a task list; adding in another filter for TaskIsSummary = False and you've got a list of overdue tasks.  

In addition the latest Content Pack from Microsoft has indicators on it, I'm sure you'll be able to work out how to create indicators against late tasks etc, thereby replicating the status indicator function.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Thursday, June 14, 2018 8:17 AM
  • Ben,

Thank you for your feedback.  I'll look into this.

Kind regards, 

Sean Zeno

Monday, June 18, 2018 3:47 PM