none
can't create MPR to remove sync rule RRS feed

• Question

• I botched a sync rule, so I created a new one to replace it.  Since there are objects with the rule applied, I tried to create a MPR to remove it from everything.  Unfortunately, the sync rule is not listed as an available rule to perform an action with when I'm creating the MPR.  Does anybody have suggestions on how to extract the wrongly-functioning rule from my setup?  I don't want to just delete the rule from the portal if there are going to be references left hanging around to it.

-Robert

Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:37 PM

All replies

• Face-palm here.  I forgot it's a scope-based rule, which I assume why it's not available to use in an MPR action (since that wouldn't make sense).  I'm going to alter the scope so there are no matches, full import, full sync, and then delete the rule.

-Robert

Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:54 PM
  • Are these synchronization rules applied as EREs to the objects? If yes, then you can delete the particular ERE from "All Resources" by creating a "Grant Permission" MPR to ADMIN Account to delete the EREs attached.

As per your try, Simply MPR won't help you for removing the synchronization rule. You can write a workflow and then apply that workflow on objects which can trigger the removal of synchronization rule.

Regards,
    Manuj Khurana

Friday, September 19, 2014 8:23 AM