none
Upgrade DPM 2012 to DPM 2012 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to upgrade the Hardware of my DPM 2012 server by migrating it to the new hardware. My current version of SCDPM is 2012 and i don't have the source files for SCDPM 2012 any more. The only option i get to download from Microsoft site is for SCDPM 2012 R2 but i have read some of the articles that i can not directly upgrade from SCDPM 2012 to SCDPM 2012 R2. Can someone please provide me the link where i can download the either SCDPM 2012 or at least SCDPM 2012 SP1. If i find the source files for SCDPM 2012 my plan is to do the following.

Take DPM Database Backup on Existing Server and save it on a secure location.

Remove the existing server from domain.

Name the new server as the existing server.

Join it to the Domain.

Install the same version of DPM on the new Hardware.

Restore the Database and run the consistency check for all the datasource.

If i don't find the source files for SCDPM 2012 then i would do the following.

Download SCDPM 2012 with SP1.

Take DPM Database Backup on Existing Server and save it on a secure location.

Uninstall SCDPM 2012 and install SCDPM 2012 SP1

Restore the Database and run the consistency checks

Install Roll Up fixes.

Then again upgrade it to SCDPM 2012 R2 with almost repeating the same steps.

Is there any one who has already done the upgrading in similar fashion or can you highlight any important point if it is missed out or please guide if you think the above steps may result in failure. I would also appreciate if you can share any links or step by step document related to upgrade.

Please do provide the link to download SCDPM 2012 or SCDPM 2012 SP1.

Thanks in advance!

Monday, July 27, 2015 2:35 PM

Answers

All replies