Error ID 14603 on Edge server RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the error below on my edge server for a external client we want to share desktop with.   Is this indicating a firewall issue? Or something on their end? I have them in my federated partners list.

The following discovered partners are sending frequent invalid SIP requests to the Access Edge Server.

Traffic from these partners is restricted to 1 message per second as a security measure.

Certificate Subject: "Domain Control Validated, Hosted by Performance Enhancements Inc, COMODO SSL Unified Communications, sip.beef.org"; Issuer: "GB, Greater Manchester, Salford, COMODO CA Limited, COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA"; Serial Number: 008D313E25555B1C1DF04BCD122628D194; Common Failures: OTHER(430)=8

Certificate Subject: "US, Virginia, McLean, HLT Domestic IP LLC, Data Center, sip.hilton.com"; Issuer: "US, Symantec Corporation, Symantec Trust Network, Symantec Class 3 Secure Server CA - G4"; Serial Number: 21F5B549A586A6793B0DAC8B50FD795E; Common Failures: OTHER(430)=26

Certificate Subject: "Domain Control Validated, sip1.brightstarcorp.com"; Issuer: "US, Arizona, Scottsdale, "GoDaddy.com, Inc.", http://certs.godaddy.com/repository/, Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority - G2"; Serial Number: 2FCA08CD293F9912; Common Failures: OTHER(4xx)=2

Certificate Subject: "Domain Control Validated, Issued through GameStop Inc. E-PKI Manager, COMODO SSL Unified Communications, sipexternal.gamestop.com"; Issuer: "GB, Greater Manchester, Salford, COMODO CA Limited, COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA"; Serial Number: 0087869CA2876A00FE64A7370C836FF7D7; Common Failures: OTHER(4xx)=8 

Cause: Federated partners that were discovered through DNS SRV are sending frequent SIP requests that cause an error response from the local Skype for Business Server deployment.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:01 PM

All replies

• You say you added these partners to your allow list?  Is replication functional (status true) to the edge per get-csmanagementstorereplicationstatus?

I'm guessing you've seen this: http://troubleshootinglync.blogspot.com/2013/08/frequent-invalid-sip-requests.html but I'm wondering if the edge server isn't getting the message.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:29 PM
  • Yep they are on the allow list and yes the replication status is true. I will check out that blog post I hadn't seen that yet.
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:54 PM
  • I did just add them to the allow list about a hour ago so maybe they haven't updated yet.
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:57 PM
  • The blog post doesn't address much you haven't seen... and an hour should do it but keep an eye on it.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:19 PM