Windows Media Center 7: Failes to provide Synopsis, genre, etc. for entries... RRS feed

• Question

• I have a number of entries in my movie library. In addition to the movides, I have made sure to have the following: mymovies.xml folder.jpg (and what I believed was correct) <title>.dvdid.xml However, the ONLY thing portrayed in the Windows Media Center 7 movie search is the cover art created for the movies. Yes, I know there are supposed to be "extra" add-on products that provids the missing information. I would prefer to keep my system without all the add-ons that are out there; as I am reluctant to install beyond what I need to actualy put my system to its intended use. However, I'm unclear why Media Center does not provide the informaiton as defined in one or more of the .xml files shown? Or, why Windows Media Center is so difficult to enter updates for that information? Any help in giving me the needed information on how to configure or make Windows Media Center operate as it is supposed to, please let me know. I can provide .xml samples as needed to give a better picture of what is available vs what is being shown. Thank you.
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 6:01 PM

Answers

• see if
    helps

On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 18:01:06 +0000, Jim.Low wrote:

>I have a number of entries in my movie library. In addition to the movides, I have made sure to have the following: mymovies.xml folder.jpg (and what I believed was correct) <title>.dvdid.xml However, the ONLY thing portrayed in the Windows Media Center 7 movie search is the cover art created for the movies. Yes, I know there are supposed to be "extra" add-on products that provids the missing information. I would prefer to keep my system without all the add-ons that are out there; as I am reluctant to install beyond what I need to actualy put my system to its intended use. However, I'm unclear why Media Center does not provide the informaiton as defined in one or more of the .xml files shown? Or, why Windows Media Center is so difficult to enter updates for that information? Any help in giving me the needed information on how to configure or make Windows Media Center operate as it is supposed to, please let me know. I can provide .xml samples as needed to give a better picture of
    >what is available vs what is being shown. Thank you.

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, December 12, 2011 1:08 AM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 10:18 AM