Which one do I install? Security Monthly Quality Rollup or Security Only Quality Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need confirmation which one to install on our production computers.  We don't want optional updates.  We only care about Security and Critical updates.  My understanding is that "QUALITY" means optional.  Which one do I need?

For example:

October, 2016 Security Only Quality Update for Windows 7 (KB3192391)

October, 2016 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 (KB3185330)

- and -

October, 2016 Security Only Quality Update for Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB3192392)

October, 2016 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB3185331)

Thanks!

Thursday, November 17, 2016 12:08 AM

Answers

• Hi SwissMiss,

1. "Security-only Quality Update rollup" is included in "Security Monthly Quality Rollup", if you installed the later one, then, there's no need to install the other one;

2. If you only want Security and Critical Updates, then you may install "Security-Only Quality update rollup";

3. Since it's November, you may install November Security only quality update rollup;

4. It's recommended to install the update in a test environment before deploying it to production environment.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by DoBongSoon Friday, November 18, 2016 4:59 PM
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 2:26 AM