none
PWA worfklow history missing when restoring a Project RRS feed

• Question

• Project Server 2010

Our Project management team last night restored a project using the administrative restore feature in PWA, it appears that in doing so this has sent the project back to the first workflow stage and overwritten the dates we previously saw for the project entering the workflow stages.

This has affected the Project Reports and the Project Management team have asked if we can restore the dates.

Having looked into the reporting database I can see the table which contains the data [MSP_EpmWorkflowStatusInformation] the two columns [StageEntryDate] & [StageCompletionDate] have been overwritten with new data.

To fix the issue can we:

1. Somehow restore the previous dates or amend them using PWA
    2. Push the project to the correct workflow stage and then overwrite the data using T-SQL in the reporting database with the data from last nights backups?

Would option 2 cause any problems with the database or PWA being in an unsupported state or unstable?

Colin Cook.

Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I still havent had a reply to this, I guess the basic question I am asking is, if I amend the data in the Reporting database will I come across any major issues?

Thanks,

Colin.

Colin Cook.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:41 AM
  • Hi Colin,

If you amend the Reporting DB, you run the risk of an event in Project Server once again overwriting that information.

Your best bet if you want to preserve that data is to store it in custom fields on the project and let the workflow update it.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:22 PM
  • Thanks Alex,

Looking at the table it will only overwrite if the project passes the specific stage again but I will definately look at moving it to a custom field if our Project team decide the dates need to be preserved for future projects.

However, for a fix to this current issue, do you percieve any other problems to the Reporting database other than the dates being overwritten again?

Colin Cook.

Friday, May 11, 2012 8:44 AM