none
Timelines corrupted when pasting into other applications RRS feed

• Question

• When I copy and paste a timeline into another application (e.g. Powerpoint), the tasks move around and become misaligned. For example, one of my timelines has a task that completes on 13th March. It looks fine in Project. But when pasted into Powerpoint, the bar on the timeline representing the task only extends as far as 9th March.

(I can't post screenshots because my account isn't verified, apparently. (How do I do that?))

I am copying from Project 365 desktop. I've tried pasting into Powerpoint 2010, Outlook 2010, Publisher 2010 and even Paint. Nothing works.

What I've described above happens when I "paste special" as an image. I don't get the problem if I use the default paste option (which I believe is HTML) - however if I paste with this option, I am unable to resize the timeline in Powerpoint without the formatting getting messed up (because the text doesn't scale in line with the objects).

I tried printing the timeline from Project to a virtual PDF printer - but the same thing happened.

How can I export accurate images of my timelines?

Friday, March 3, 2017 5:09 PM

All replies

• R1WMB,

I believe this is a known issue. Please see the following:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_project-mso_winother/ms-project-2016-timeline-issues/2a893767-0906-451e-ac5e-5feb226f04a7

John

Friday, March 3, 2017 7:17 PM
  • John's correct, but typically you can paste into word and then into other applications.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Friday, March 3, 2017 11:49 PM