Word 2010 - Change colour of AutoFormat line RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I uce --- + Enter to get a line across my page. Is there an easy way to change the colour of this line?

Thanks, Viv

Viv Haig

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:33 PM

Answers

• The 'line' created by entering at least three hyphens - or equal signs = and pressing Enter is a paragraph border.

Click in the paragraph containing the border, i.e. immediately above the 'line'.

On the Home tab of the ribbon, in the Paragraph group, click the dropdown arrow on the right hand side of the Border button.

Select Borders and Shading from the dropdown menu.

Select a color from the color dropdown.

Click the bottom border in the Preview area. It will take on the color you selected.

Click OK.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

• Marked as answer by VHaig Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:10 PM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:52 PM
  • You can use the Borders and Shading dialog directly, instead of first creating the border using --- or ===.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

• Marked as answer by VHaig Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:26 PM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:24 PM

All replies

• That should have been, I use......

Viv Haig

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:42 PM
  • The 'line' created by entering at least three hyphens - or equal signs = and pressing Enter is a paragraph border.

Click in the paragraph containing the border, i.e. immediately above the 'line'.

On the Home tab of the ribbon, in the Paragraph group, click the dropdown arrow on the right hand side of the Border button.

Select Borders and Shading from the dropdown menu.

Select a color from the color dropdown.

Click the bottom border in the Preview area. It will take on the color you selected.

Click OK.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

• Marked as answer by VHaig Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:10 PM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:52 PM
  • Thanks Hans, that's the way I was doing it, I just wondered if there was a quicker way.

Viv Haig

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:10 PM
  • You can use the Borders and Shading dialog directly, instead of first creating the border using --- or ===.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

• Marked as answer by VHaig Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:26 PM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:24 PM