exchange management pack monitor RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking at running scom to monitor my exchange org. i can't seem to find out what all scom will monitor. right now I have some ps scripts that check some things for me but I need to either make more custom script or see if there is a tool out there that will give me the info. I don't mind making custom scripts. I just don't want to create something that is already out there.

my script now include things like.

• checking to see if the database status has changed
    • check db size
    • check diskspace
    • audit mailbox permissions such as send as

Will this sorta stuff be included in scom with the exchange pack installed. I would like to see this stuff in a dashboard type view but if i have to make a report and run it that might be ok.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:03 PM

Answers

1. checking to see if the database status has changed
    2. check db size
    3. check diskspace
    4. audit mailbox permissions such as send as

1) Yes, if you mean you want an alert when a DB goes offline.

2) you will get alerts when DB's go below 25% and 10% free space or Logs go below 50 % free or 25% free (as far as I recall, we have tweaked ythe defaults)

3) You will also get alerts on free space from the Windows management pack on non Exchange disks, as well as on the Exchange disks, unless you override / disable these.

4) Nothing in the SCOM Exchnage 2010 Management Pack will audit mailbox permissions.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

• Marked as answer by Yog Li Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:42 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:20 PM