HTML5 Portal with Hotfix 3124091 RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi SC team/Abhishek I am in a big fix with this new HTML5 portal.

I have UR8 binaries plus Hotfix 3124091 deployed on Secondary MS, new portal.mpb imported and rest all as recommended and highlighted.

But still whenever we submit a service request, there is error (detailed below) which only occurs on service requests only. Default incident requests submits fine.

Error referred to makeform.cshtml I drilled out that it probably is type of input in the request offering so I eliminated all input and left just two checkboxes. Still then although error disappeared but nothing happens when we click on submit button!!

Are these registered problems everybody facing or something with my install ?

any pointers ? a link: http://www.buchatech.com/tag/hotfix-kb3124091/ suggests that hotfix corrupts the views / .cshtml files so can I just replace those files from pre hotfix setup ?

No permissions issue as I am using super admin and doing everything right on SSP machine which is also 2nd MS.

Is coming UR9 have anything to do with this ?

Error:

Exception information:

Exception type: NullReferenceException

Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ASP._Page_Views_Home_MakeForm_cshtml.Execute() in e:\inetpub\wwwroot\SelfServicePortal\Views\Home\MakeForm.cshtml:line 359

at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()

at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()

at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()

at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)

at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)

at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__17()

at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)

at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)

at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar)

at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar)

at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Shahid Roofi

Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

At this point, we recommend you create a MS support request. They would like to hear about this kind of behaviour.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 15, 2016 7:59 AM
  •    thanks Xin Support case is on and they are also looking into it.

But I could just find something to help drill down.

There is one custom activity class (derived from activity class) I was using to hold 10 additional 10 String inputs from end users as part of request offering inputs.

We were having that as part of all Service requests. So when we remove that class the SR then submits !

Old Silverlight portal can submit the request in all cases. So this new HTML5 cannot handle new classes or additional classes ? Well that is not entirely correct to say because I tried another custom activity (derived from review activity class) and that was working fine.

So what can be safely concluded so far is that there is some bug in new HTML5 portal in its handling of custom classes.

Old portal working perfectly without issues in all cases.

Shahid Roofi

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 8:44 AM
  •    Fix is scheduled for 26 Jan (UR9 + Portal Hotfix) Insha'Allah.

Shahid Roofi

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:14 AM
  • new Update is available for download now - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3134286

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 10:30 AM
  •  Thanks Abhishek, I tested the update and does really solves problem!

Highly Appreciated.

Shahid Roofi

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:42 PM