Server manager gives me a message that I must be logged in as an Administrator to run it. RRS feed

• Question

• I had to have serveal Apps reloaded on our TS Web Access server(Server 2008 R2) and thus needed to republish the Apps.  When I went to do so I began experiencing issues with getting messages saying I am not logged in as an Admininstrator though I was using my Domain Admin credentials.  I went to server manager to double check that the built in Administrator group and get the message saying "Server Manager must be run as an Administrator - server manager must be run under a user account that is a member of the built in Administrators group. I have tried right clicking on server manager in Admin tools/computer manage and running AS as Administrator to no avail.  This is indeed bad news.  Is ther a backdoor way to access this built in group for adding users too?  Say maybe through the command prompt?  I have always used the GUI so I dont know if an alternate route exists.
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:19 AM

Answers

• Sounds like you may need to logon locally as administrator and add your domain account to the local administrators group.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    • Marked as answer by Alan Zhu Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:23 AM
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 7:41 PM

All replies

• Sounds like you may need to logon locally as administrator and add your domain account to the local administrators group.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    • Marked as answer by Alan Zhu Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:23 AM
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 7:41 PM
  • Hi,

Can you logon to this server via a local administrative account to check whether the domain admin is in the administrators group?

Thanks.

Monday, February 14, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Make sure your the userID you are using is a member of 'Domain Admins' Group. not just Built-in administrators
    Monday, September 12, 2016 3:07 PM