User AD issue with Dashboard Designer RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having issues with Dashboard Designer and SQL tables I can get the list of databases. The first time I choose one I get the famous error messafge and I click again and I can select my database, but I get an error when selecting a table. ( Data Connections in Dashboard Designer )

Here is my RSAuth block

<Authentication>
    		<AuthenticationTypes>
    			<RSWindowsNTLM/>
    		</AuthenticationTypes>
    		<RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>Off</RSWindowsExtendedProtectionLevel>
    		<RSWindowsExtendedProtectionScenario>Proxy</RSWindowsExtendedProtectionScenario>
    		<EnableAuthPersistence>true</EnableAuthPersistence>
    	</Authentication>

Authentication Providers in Security for SP is set to NTLM

And here is the error:

The following data source cannot be used because PerformancePoint Services is not configured correctly.

Data source location: http://sitename/BIDODI/Data Connections for PerformancePoint/5_.000
    Data source name: New Data Source 2

Monitoring Service was unable to retrieve a Windows identity for "XXXDOMAIN\XUser".  Verify that the web application authentication provider in SharePoint Central Administration is the default windows Negotiate or Kerberos provider.  If the user does not have a valid active directory account the data source will need to be configured to use the unattended service account for the user to access this data.

Exception details:
    System.InvalidOperationException: Could not retrieve a valid Windows identity. ---> System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/s4u/022694f3-9fbd-422b-b4b2-312e25dae2a2 that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. ---> System.IO.PipeException: The pipe endpoint 'net.pipe://localhost/s4u/022694f3-9fbd-422b-b4b2-312e25dae2a2' could not be found on your local machine. 
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace: 
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnectionInitiator.GetPipeName(Uri uri)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.NamedPipeConnectionPoolRegistry.NamedPipeConnectionPool.GetPoolKey(EndpointAddress address, Uri via)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationPool`2.TakeConnection(EndpointAddress address, Uri via, TimeSpan timeout, TKey& key)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionPoolHelper.EstablishConnection(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOnceManager.CallOnce(TimeSpan timeout, CallOnceManager cascade)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EnsureOpened(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.IdentityModel.WindowsTokenService.S4UClient.IS4UService_dup.UpnLogon(String upn, Int32 pid)
       at Microsoft.IdentityModel.WindowsTokenService.S4UClient.<>c__DisplayClass1.<UpnLogon>b__0(IS4UService_dup channel)
       at Microsoft.IdentityModel.WindowsTokenService.S4UClient.CallService(Func`2 contractOperation)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurityContext.GetWindowsIdentity()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurityContext.GetWindowsIdentity()
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.ServerCommon.ConnectionContextHelper.SetContext(ConnectionContext connectionContext, ICredentialProvider credentials)

Any help is appreciated.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:53 PM

Answers

• ok, I get this after adjusting my authentication, yet again. This is the error when using the drop down.

So I decided to open visual studio and grab thre connection string and paste it into the text box. So, I am able to connect. I click the table drop down and I get an error the first time. I click the table drop down in desparation and it works.The first time I hit the table I get this error:

PerformancePoint Services could not connect to the specified data source. Verify that either the current user or Unattended Service Account has read permissions to the data source, depending on your security configuration. Also verify that all required connection information is provided and correct.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for empty alias names. Aliases defined as "" or [] are not allowed. Change the alias to a valid name.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.SqlTabularDataSourceProvider.GetDataSetInternal(Int32 maximumRows)

PerformancePoint Services error code 201.
    All is well now I guess, but the Dashboard designer has issues when connecting to a sql table.

• Marked as answer by nick5454 Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:57 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:56 PM