Skype for business Cloud connector RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to configured cloud connector how ever its stucked after VM creation and Windows update screen.

And Base VM internet also not running .

Continuous plan Do review is key to success.
    Please mark as answer \Helpful if its . My Linkedin Profile

• Edited by satya11 Thursday, October 27, 2016 10:40 AM
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 10:39 AM

Answers

• Hi satya,

Welcome to our forum.

We recommend that you take advantage of automated OS updates provided by Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition. After an appliance is registered for online management and auto OS update is enabled, the host server and virtual machines will check and install Windows Updates automatically according to the OS update time window settings.

If you need to check for and install Windows Updates manually, follow the steps in this section that apply to your type of deployment. You should plan on updating both the host server and the virtual machines running on it at the same time to minimize the amount of down time necessary for the updates.

If you prefer, you can use a Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server to provide updates to Cloud Connector servers. Just be sure to configure the Windows Update to not install automatically.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt740658.aspx 

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by jim-xu Friday, October 28, 2016 9:53 AM
    • Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, November 7, 2016 2:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:43 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 9:52 AM

All replies

• Deleted
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 10:57 AM
  • yes it has internet connection .

Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:40 AM
  • Deleted
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 2:32 PM
  • I have updated it manually and restarted base vm still powershelll saying update task has started.

Friday, October 28, 2016 6:05 AM
  • Hi satya,

Welcome to our forum.

We recommend that you take advantage of automated OS updates provided by Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition. After an appliance is registered for online management and auto OS update is enabled, the host server and virtual machines will check and install Windows Updates automatically according to the OS update time window settings.

If you need to check for and install Windows Updates manually, follow the steps in this section that apply to your type of deployment. You should plan on updating both the host server and the virtual machines running on it at the same time to minimize the amount of down time necessary for the updates.

If you prefer, you can use a Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server to provide updates to Cloud Connector servers. Just be sure to configure the Windows Update to not install automatically.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt740658.aspx 

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by jim-xu Friday, October 28, 2016 9:53 AM
    • Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, November 7, 2016 2:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:43 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 9:52 AM