none
Backgrounds on lockdown profiles, Steady state RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to set a background with the company logo on the profile that I am locking down with steady state. I set the background from a bitmap file then I lock the profile down and and that background defaults back to plain blue, how would I go about setting a background for the locked down profile? and then making it so the background can only be changed by the administrator? I have also found alot of other people have had this same problem but nobody has a straight answer. Is there some free software or a way to trick steady state to get around this problem? Microsoft has put in a way to change the persons welcome screen picture. hopefully they evetully put in a way to change users backgrounds the same way.
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 2:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I tried this with a profile with no restrictions, then locked the profile and selected "high" restrictions.  The wallpaper I'd selected was still there when I logged on using the newly locked and restricted profile.  Does this work for you if you start with a completely unrestricted and unlocked profile?

Thanks,
    Rob Elmer
    Development Lead
    Windows SteadyState

Thursday, October 2, 2008 7:25 AM

All replies

• I don't think there is any good solution for this.  I work for a library system and some libraries really really want a specific background.  I've read all the posts here and can't find a good solution.  Good Luck.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:26 PM
  • Hi,

I tried this with a profile with no restrictions, then locked the profile and selected "high" restrictions.  The wallpaper I'd selected was still there when I logged on using the newly locked and restricted profile.  Does this work for you if you start with a completely unrestricted and unlocked profile?

Thanks,
    Rob Elmer
    Development Lead
    Windows SteadyState

Thursday, October 2, 2008 7:25 AM