none
set reference attribute value if synchronization rule RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have the following:

1. Application as a custom object type in FIM

2. ApplicationAttribute as a custom attribute of type REFERENCE in FIM schema binded to GROUP object type. this attribute should reference of the applications instances of Application object.

i want through a synchronization rule to set the ApplicationAttribute value of the group object to one of the applications (the value is static per synchornization rule).

How can i refer to an application and fill the reference attribute in the sync rule. I tried importing the csobjectid or the MVObject ID but the synchronization rules failes with invalid attribute flow because i am flowing a striing to a reference.

MM

Monday, May 21, 2012 12:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• If possible, you should avoid calculating reference attribute values in sync because:

• it has a bad impact on the performance of your system
    • you need to develop a custom reprocessing solution if referential integrity matters

In sync, you can only define advanced export flow mappings from a string to a reference.
    What is the exact error you are seeing?

For more details on reference attribute processing, see Understanding Reference Attributes Processing in FIM

Cheers,
    Markus

Markus Vilcinskas, Knowledge Engineer, Microsoft Corporation

Monday, May 21, 2012 2:36 PM
  • when i import the synchronization rule, i get an invalid attribute flow. i just want to fill one reference value that is fixed. do i have to use advanced attribute value?

MM

Monday, May 21, 2012 6:22 PM
  • Dear Markus,

even in advanced attribute flow on a management agent, when i select the destination attribute to be the reference attribute and i select an extension rule in the advanced attribute flow, i get an error that neither extension rules, nor constants, nor DN are supported to flow to reference attributes.

MM

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:23 AM