Unable to detect sensor. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I COULD NOT ENABLE SENSOR IN MY PC.PLEASE HELP. DR.N.K.DE
    • Edited by Brandon Records Monday, November 9, 2015 8:50 PM Clarified title.
    • Moved by Brandon Records Monday, November 9, 2015 8:51 PM Moved to more appropriate forum.
    Saturday, November 7, 2015 3:04 PM

All replies

• What sensor are you referring to?

You’ve asked this question in the forum for UE-V, an MDOP solution for synchronization of user settings. If your computer is having trouble detecting a hardware device, this post would be better suited for the Windows forum that corresponds with the operating system on your computer. I will move this thread to the Windows 10 forum.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    MDOP for IT Pros at TechNet

Monday, November 9, 2015 8:48 PM
  • Assuming that the sensor you refer to is a hardware device, I can think of a few possible scenarios:

• Your device needs drivers installed. The device may appear under Device Manager, but with an exclamation mark next to it or it may be an unidentified device. You will need to download the drivers from the manufacturer website and install them for Windows to be able to communicate with the sensor.
    • The device is not enumerated because a device that provides connectivity is not configured with the correct driver. For example a fingerprint sensor may not be detected via USB if the USB hub to which it is connected is not detected or does not have proper drivers installed. Like drivers for the device, look in Device Manager for exclamation points.
    • The device is disabled in firmware. If this is an integrated sensor, like a fingerprint sensor, there may be a setting in firmware (BIOS) to enable or disable this device. If it is disabled in BIOS, the operating system will not be able to see or detect the device.
    • Something is wrong with the device. If this is an external device, you may want to try the sensor with another computer to see if the sensor is detected there.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros at TechNet

Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:00 PM