system restore RRS feed

• Question

•      I have been using Vista since 2/26, so everything's a surprise.  I would like to know how to create a system restore point.  I've installed a new video card with Omega drivers, tried to install a sound card and failed. Funny (small kine) had 512 ram, installed another 512, system would not recognize.  It was one or the other, had to return the bought one.  Purchased a boxed set 2x512, can't use the one that came with, but at least I have my 1 gig.  So this being the 9th I figured I must have one system saved system restore point.  Not one, so I try to create, many for many reasons all denied reason - 0 x 80070005 please try again that's the only reason I've ever gotten. I am the administrator, only person to touch this thing. Long ago when I had my XP home I would just type in "now" for sys. restore (long ago was 2 weeks.  I'm learning, thank god I can play my Battlefield 2 with my booster and expansion packs or I'd die.

system:

Acer Aspire AST-180-UD400B/Windows Vista home basic/4000 AMD Athalon 64x2/ (2x512MB)PC2-4200 DDR2 /ATI  X1650PRO PCIe 512MB DDR2/nVidia MCP61S + MCP61P chipset.

This restore point problem is just the one bugging me now, I've got lots more any help is appriciated, thanks and Aloha.

Big D little i.  

Saturday, March 10, 2007 12:01 AM

All replies

• Just type system restore at start search prompt dialog box

You will be prompted for uac credentials

are you an administator on the computer

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 4:32 PM