Portal application for TS does not display properly RRS feed

• Question

• WHen trying to add a TS app for a portal trunk, i noticed the app you select does not line up with the application type when you click next

TS tunneling client -> Remote App
    TS Client tunningleing (2000) -> TS client tuennling (vista/windowsXP)
    TS web client (single server) -> TS Client Tunneling (Windows 2000 Server)
    TS Web Client (multiple Server) -> TS web Client (Single Server)

the app type is off,
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Kevin--

That threw me off at first as well.   For everything TS, whether its RemoteApp2008, TSWeb XP, TS Gateway... I always stick with using the Generic Templates and create my own Application Type.

Many people also overlook the "Prerequisite Application" feature of IAG.   This is a great feature that allows you to combine your Web and Socket applications.

Thank you
    Dennis

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:18 PM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:28 PM

All replies

• Hello Kevin,

I fail to understand the situation, can you send/post a screenshot?

Thanks,
    David Kon, STE
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:39 AM
  • If you create a new portal, then add a new application, if you look at the standard options that are provided for the different Ts scenario's, by choosing one of these options (TS Tunneling Client) when you hit next, you see on the next page the application type will not line up with the option you chose of the previous screen. I will try and grab screen shots later tonight
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 2:46 PM
  • Hi Kevin--

That threw me off at first as well.   For everything TS, whether its RemoteApp2008, TSWeb XP, TS Gateway... I always stick with using the Generic Templates and create my own Application Type.

Many people also overlook the "Prerequisite Application" feature of IAG.   This is a great feature that allows you to combine your Web and Socket applications.

Thank you
    Dennis

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:18 PM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 9:28 PM
  • Dennis,

Thanks for the reply,

I have been tryong to get RDs working on windows server 2008 R2, no luck so far though. have you been able to configure this through UAG yet?
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:48 PM