100ms writing to files fail RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an application which makes a new file and writes some data in it each 100ms.

If I end application properly, everything is ok. If I cut power, there are several files without data in.

Anyone had same issue?

Is there some special feature which should be enabled, or the application must write is some special way?

Thanks for answering me.

Best regards,

Peter

Monday, December 16, 2013 10:51 AM

Answers

• Sudden power of is an issue. The files are being stored in cache before being written to the disk.  Try disabling disk caching and repeat the test. You can find the option by right clicking the disk, select Properties->Hardware Click on Change Settings under General Tab, click on the properties tab, and uncheck Enable write aching on the device

The latest versions of Windows will re-enable this feature by default. the is a dskcache.exe utility that can be used to turn off disk caching.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, December 16, 2013 6:30 PM

All replies

• Sudden power of is an issue. The files are being stored in cache before being written to the disk.  Try disabling disk caching and repeat the test. You can find the option by right clicking the disk, select Properties->Hardware Click on Change Settings under General Tab, click on the properties tab, and uncheck Enable write aching on the device

The latest versions of Windows will re-enable this feature by default. the is a dskcache.exe utility that can be used to turn off disk caching.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, December 16, 2013 6:30 PM
  • Sean,

thank you for your help! I will try it.

Regards, Peter

Monday, December 16, 2013 7:44 PM