none
Out of Sync message in project server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, has anyone encountered out of sync messages in project schedules after migrating from 2003 to 2007?  The only option is to sync the actuals if we want to save any changes, but we cannot predict what that will do  without being able to use protected actuals as we did in 2003. 

In the server settings under Tasks Settings and Display we have the option "restrict updates to PWA" checked.  how is it possible for the project to become out of sync if it only accepts updates from PWA?

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Gary thanks for your response.  Not alot of PMs edit there projects from PWA, therefore I cannot be certian.  I havent had any reports of this lately either.  I wonder if it was just a migration issue.  However we went ahead and allowed it to sync so we could save and the project scheduled appear to be fine.
    Monday, March 14, 2011 8:46 PM

All replies

• Jenn:

I noticed that nobody has responded. Could it be that users are editing the project in PWA? I have only seen these types of messages when people forget to checkin their projects after editing in PWA. I can't isolate a specific pattern. Does this ring any bells for you?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 2:37 PM
  • Hi Gary thanks for your response.  Not alot of PMs edit there projects from PWA, therefore I cannot be certian.  I havent had any reports of this lately either.  I wonder if it was just a migration issue.  However we went ahead and allowed it to sync so we could save and the project scheduled appear to be fine.
    Monday, March 14, 2011 8:46 PM