none
i need immediate help! RRS feed

• Question

• please can anybody help me with this line of code? i need to know eactly what the code is talking about.. its hard for me to know.. please i need explanation..

the code is displayed below:

Private Shared Sub Main()
                Application.EnableVisualStyles
                Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(False)
                Dim queue As New MyQueue(Of String)(&H100000)
                Dim queue2 As New MyQueue(Of PageEntry)(&H100000)
                Dim form As New Form1(queue, queue2)
                Dim craiglistArray As Craiglist() = New Craiglist(5  - 1) {}
                Dim threadArray As Thread() = New Thread(5  - 1) {}
                Dim i As Integer
                For i = 0 To 5 - 1
                    craiglistArray(i) = New Craiglist
                    craiglistArray(i).init(queue, queue2, form)
                    threadArray(i) = New Thread(New ThreadStart(AddressOf craiglistArray(i).ExtractEmails))
                    threadArray(i).Start
                Next i

Thursday, April 17, 2014 12:47 PM

Answers

• Henry,

This forum is dedicated exclusively to questions about customizing and programming Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. So no, we cannot help you with your issue. 

Brackets in code are normally associated with the C programming language but I don't recall that the C programming language uses dimension statements so I have no idea what kind of programming language you have or what it is attempting to do. But definitely, you will not find the answer in this forum. I suggest you start with the following forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/home?category=usingforums

John

Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Henry,

Can you at least tell us what it is about? Are you working with MS Project application (Microsoft scheduling and planning application)? I can see "craiglist" in your code, which doesn't seem to refer to Ms Project.

Please post your question to the right MSDN forum in order to have appropriate help (evenif some experts on this forum might understand this code).

Cheers.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

• Proposed as answer by John - Project Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:13 PM
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 12:52 PM
  • please can anybody help me with this line of code? i need to know eactly what the code is talking about.. its hard for me to know.. please i need explanation..

the code is displayed below:

Private Shared Sub Main()
                Application.EnableVisualStyles
                Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(False)
                Dim queue As New MyQueue(Of String)(&H100000)
                Dim queue2 As New MyQueue(Of PageEntry)(&H100000)
                Dim form As New Form1(queue, queue2)
                Dim i As Integer
                For i = 0 To 5 - 1
                    craiglistArray(i) = New Craiglist
                    craiglistArray(i).init(queue, queue2, form)
                    threadArray(i) = New Thread(New ThreadStart(AddressOf craiglistArray(i).ExtractEmails))
                    threadArray(i).Start
                Next i
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 1:03 PM
  • Sir, i am really sorry if i post this question to the wrong forumm but please if you know coding which i think you do please just help me explain this line of code... please

Dim i As Integer
                For i = 0 To 5 - 1

Now, i am more consigned about the area of  the bracket.. what does (5-1){} mean?

any idea will be appreciated please

Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:24 PM
  • Henry,

This forum is dedicated exclusively to questions about customizing and programming Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. So no, we cannot help you with your issue. 

Brackets in code are normally associated with the C programming language but I don't recall that the C programming language uses dimension statements so I have no idea what kind of programming language you have or what it is attempting to do. But definitely, you will not find the answer in this forum. I suggest you start with the following forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/home?category=usingforums

John

Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:56 PM