Any idea for Request change and Reassign? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

I would like to do something similar the Request change and Reassign function of the Sharepoint server Approval workflow for the WSS. I find that either one will create a new task, so can I dynamic create a new task? If not, what should be the proper way to do something like that? thanks

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 3:23 AM

All replies

• Can you elaborate?  What are you trying to accomplish in business terms?  I don't quite understand your question and a business context will help.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:46 AM
  •  

What i think is exactly the same as the approval workflow shipped with sharepoint server, as I would like do something similar for the sharepoint services.

For the request change, when the approver get a task, he have an option to request change. After he choose this option, the current task is completed and then a new task is send to the workflow originator. Then the originator can do something and send the workflow again. After that, a new task will send to the original approver with the modified version of document.

For the reassign, when the approver choose this option, a new task will send to another approver, and the new approver also have the options to request change or reassign the task.

I have no idea how to do the above case, and I think this will be more complicated for parallel approval flow. any idea? thanks

Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:15 AM
  • I think this could be done using SharePoint designer.

You would use the "collect data from user" task to prompt for feedback and analyze the result and then branch as needed.

I'd have steps along these lines:

1. Notify approver.  --> Use "collect data from user" and prompt for approve/reject/reassign and then some comments.

2. Approver disposition. 

--> if rejected, update the current item with a "rejected" status, email the originator and stop the worklfow.

--> if re-assigned, maybe start a new workflow for that item but change the approver to the new assignee; stop this workflow.

--> If approved, done.

Some variation of the above will probalby get you there.

I recently wrote a blog entry on using the "collect data from user" action which some people have found helpful: http://paulgalvin.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!1CC1EDB3DAA9B8AA!166.entry

Hope this helps.  Let us know how it turns out or post more questions if need be.

Saturday, September 15, 2007 2:50 PM
  • Ha,what you say just the same as i am going to do,but i have no idea ,too!
    Thursday, September 20, 2007 5:37 AM
  • Please, help us.

For the request change, when the approver get a task, he have an option to request change. After he choose this option, the current task is pending and then a new task is send to the workflow originator. Then the originator can do something and send the workflow again. After that, the approver can again aprov the modified version of document, or send another observation (request change), until he aprove his task.

This is what i can not make with SPD.

Have you kwon how?

Monday, January 26, 2009 7:54 PM
  • This option "Request change" is made by default when you create a WorkFlow with MOSS.
    Monday, January 26, 2009 7:59 PM