none
SharePoint Team Site "Task List" webpart question RRS feed

• Question

• OTB, the project team site template included a "task list".  From what I can find; this list does not contain project task information off of the schedule.  It's even been recommended to renane the task to list to perhaps..."action items" (which I have done).  I know better than to delete columns from deliverables, risk and issues...but what about the "tasks list"?  I'd like to remove predecessors and % complete...but don't want to break anything.  Is this list communicating with professional or PWA somehow or can I remove these columns.
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi K-Dee

Assuming its 2010 version

Task list is not connected to Pro Or PWA / reporting DB and deleting or modifying column would not break anything, but would recommend try it on your dev machine first hand, remove the columns you want & try opening & publishing the plan and observe queue behavior it should process all relevant tasks without any errors, which means you are good 

Let us know if this helps

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

• Edited by epmXpertsModerator Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by K-Dee Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:33 PM
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:54 PM

All replies

• Hi K-Dee

Assuming its 2010 version

Task list is not connected to Pro Or PWA / reporting DB and deleting or modifying column would not break anything, but would recommend try it on your dev machine first hand, remove the columns you want & try opening & publishing the plan and observe queue behavior it should process all relevant tasks without any errors, which means you are good 

Let us know if this helps

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

• Edited by epmXpertsModerator Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by K-Dee Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:33 PM
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:54 PM
  • Hi Sunil,

Yes, very much helps.  Thanks for the assistance.  d

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:34 PM