Question about Sunpak 27 in 1 card Reader RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows XP Home Edition.
    I purchased a Sunpak 72 in 1 card reader recently. I could format any sized SD card that I wanted and i did 2 4 gig and one 16 gig with no issue.
    Recently, when I insert a blank 4 or 16 gig card and right click, then left click on format, it will only say 56 meg. That is all it gives me.
    It does this on all 3 of my machines which leaves me to believe it is the reader.
    Any idea what happened? I do not remember having to install a driver for this reader. I put a 16 gig microcard in a adapter and did
    the same thing, it showed 16 gig.
    Ralph

Best to reply to this email:

ralph_stout@yahoo.com

Sunday, May 1, 2016 2:28 AM

Answers

• You're correct in your thinking.  There is at least a 99.9% chance the card reader is defective and the only viable solution is to replace it.

All hardware fails eventually and it is impossible without forensic evidence to determine the exact details of the demise of your card reader.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, May 2, 2016 10:19 AM