Strange DTMF Issue with a very specific 800 number RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user that frequently calls IBM @ 1-800-IBM-SERV. He was just recently moved to our OCS 2007 R2 Enterprise Voice system and now has a very strange issue that I can replicate.

When he dials the number mentioned above the Auto Attendant on the IBM side does not seem to notice the DTMF signals being sent. I've confirmed this as only an issue on our OCS side. We have 2 NET VX 1200 gateways that handle the inbound and outbound call routing and off of those gateways we have basic SIP phones (DTMF from those work), and several analog phones (DTMF from those devices work as well). 

Only when calling from the MOC client or MOC Phone Edition do we experience this issue. I've also called about 30 different numbers that are managed by Auto Attendants and DTMF is accepted from any MOC client.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? What do you need from me in the way of logs? 

Thanks,

Bill Garner

Monday, December 12, 2011 7:47 PM

Answers

•  

Only when calling from the MOC client or MOC Phone Edition do we experience this issue. I've also called about 30 different numbers that are managed by Auto Attendants and DTMF is accepted from any MOC client.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? What do you need from me in the way of logs? 

Hi Bill,

Do you mean all your MOC client dial the 800 number, the DTMF can not work?

Maybe the 800 AA does not accept the DTMF FOR LYNC OR OC client. You can get help from you federated parnter to have a test about it. 

Please try to use lync server logging tool and snooper to get the logs. About the lync server logging tool, please read the following articles:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg558599.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, December 20, 2011 6:19 AM
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 5:47 AM
  • @Bill - We have that exact issue.  When we moved users to Lync, those users began utilizing a new SIP trunk for outbound calls.  That SIP trunk uses Global Crossing as the carrier, and it seems that it's an issue with Global Crossing and the toll-free carrier.  We use a NET VX1800 as the demarc between Lync & GC, and I can see in traces that the VX sends DTMF digits but GC doesn't seem to relay that info.

As an alternative we have had to manually route calls to effected toll-free numbers (now at 5) across an AT&T PRI.  I am currently working with Global Crossing on this issue, so hopefully it will get resolved.

Trevor
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:15 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Bill,

Do you mean all your MOC client dial the 800 number, the DTMF can not work?

Maybe the 800 AA does not accept the DTMF FOR LYNC OR OC client. You can get help from you federated parnter to have a test about it. 

Please try to use lync server logging tool and snooper to get the logs. About the lync server logging tool, please read the following articles:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg558599.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 5:47 AM
  • @Bill - We have that exact issue.  When we moved users to Lync, those users began utilizing a new SIP trunk for outbound calls.  That SIP trunk uses Global Crossing as the carrier, and it seems that it's an issue with Global Crossing and the toll-free carrier.  We use a NET VX1800 as the demarc between Lync & GC, and I can see in traces that the VX sends DTMF digits but GC doesn't seem to relay that info.

As an alternative we have had to manually route calls to effected toll-free numbers (now at 5) across an AT&T PRI.  I am currently working with Global Crossing on this issue, so hopefully it will get resolved.

Trevor
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:15 PM