Windows 7 SP1 registry database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm looking for an updated website where I can look for an entry in the registry of Windows 7 SP1 to have its detailed explanation.

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Sunday, November 16, 2014 11:45 AM

All replies

• Which specific registry are you talking about?

Are you facing any specific problem?

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Sunday, November 16, 2014 12:13 PM
  • Hello Balubeto.

The first resource that I would suggest you would be TechNet Library, of course.
    Which Registry entry you want to know more about?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, November 16, 2014 2:42 PM
  • Hello Balubeto.

The first resource that I would suggest you would be TechNet Library, of course.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Being forced to operate on the registry of a system offline, should I disable Windows Defender during the Windows startup and I should also turn off the its real-time protection feature?

So could you help me?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Sunday, November 16, 2014 4:51 PM
  • Hello Balubeto.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Being forced to operate on the registry of a system offline, should I disable Windows Defender during the Windows startup and I should also turn off the its real-time protection feature?

So could you help me?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Use the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 927367 as a reference guide.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, November 16, 2014 5:28 PM
  • Hello Balubeto.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

So could you help me?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Perfect. The only flaw of this guide is the lack of the type and value to insert when I will have to create the registry entries.

Could you give me some tips to understand this?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Sunday, November 16, 2014 6:12 PM
  • Hello Balubeto.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

So could you help me?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Perfect. The only flaw of this guide is the lack of the type and value to insert when I will have to create the registry entries.

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Take a look at http://computerstepbystep.com/windows_defender_service.html. This guide is not from Microsoft, so you are fully responsible for your actions if you decide to follow the instructions provided.
    Be very careful when manipulating the Registry: a little error can make a disaster.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, November 16, 2014 7:10 PM
  • Hello Balubeto.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

So could you help me?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Take a look at http://computerstepbystep.com/windows_defender_service.html. This guide is not from Microsoft, so you are fully responsible for your actions if you decide to follow the instructions provided.
    Be very careful when manipulating the Registry: a little error can make a disaster.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Very interesting this article on the types of values of registry entries on the Windows Defender service.

Now, I would like an article on the types of values of registry entries on its real-time protection feature.

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Monday, November 17, 2014 8:34 AM
  • Hi,

Stopping Windows Defender Service (mentioned in the link above provided by Luigi Bruno) will stop Windows Defneder as well as its real-time protection feature. 

If you want the specific values of registry on real-time protection feature, then the related information is included in the KB 927367 , since you mentioned that you don't know the type and value, I'd like to show an example here, please see the example in the link below: DWORD (32-bit) value, set "1" to disable Windows Defender

http://www.tweaklibrary.com/System/Performance-Settings/76/Turn-off-Windows-Defender/11423/

NOTE This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

Stopping Windows Defender Service (mentioned in the link above provided by Luigi Bruno) will stop Windows Defneder as well as its real-time protection feature. 

If you want the specific values of registry on real-time protection feature, then the related information is included in the KB 927367 , since you mentioned that you don't know the type and value, I'd like to show an example here, please see the example in the link below: DWORD (32-bit) value, set "1" to disable Windows Defender

http://www.tweaklibrary.com/System/Performance-Settings/76/Turn-off-Windows-Defender/11423/

NOTE This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Yolanda Zhu

To prevent the Windows Defender sofftware runs at boot of Windows 7, I should clear the "Use this program" of the Administrator Menu in the Options window of this sofftware (this setting implies that the "DisableAntiSpyware" entry of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender key has the value 3 (DWORD)). Right?

If I set to "on-demand" the Windows Defender service, this service does not start when I start Windows 7 (this setting implies that the "start" entry of the HKE Y_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WinDefend key has the value 3 (DWORD)). With this setting I avoid even that the "Real-time protection" feature is activated. Right?

With these settings, any user can run the Windows Defender sofftware every time it wants to scan a file. Right?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:56 PM
  • Hi,

Yolanda Zhu

To prevent the Windows Defender sofftware runs at boot of Windows 7, I should clear the "Use this program" of the Administrator Menu in the Options window of this sofftware (this setting implies that the "DisableAntiSpyware" entry of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender key has the value 3 (DWORD)). Right?

If I set to "on-demand" the Windows Defender service, this service does not start when I start Windows 7 (this setting implies that the "start" entry of the HKE Y_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WinDefend key has the value 3 (DWORD)). With this setting I avoid even that the "Real-time protection" feature is activated. Right?

With these settings, any user can run the Windows Defender sofftware every time it wants to scan a file. Right?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

I am waiting for for your answer.

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:19 PM
  • For me, I would just turn off the real-time protection if it blcok some settings I made, then create a scheduled task to run the Windows Defender at a certain time. 
    Thursday, November 27, 2014 8:00 AM
  • For me, I would just turn off the real-time protection if it blcok some settings I made, then create a scheduled task to run the Windows Defender at a certain time. 

How do I do this?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Thursday, November 27, 2014 8:35 AM
  • I am waiting for for your answer.

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Monday, December 8, 2014 5:10 PM