Checkout File in Document Library File Not Found RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to checkout a file that exists in my document library.Both are uploaded manually. Whenever I click on checkout, i get the error
        File Not Found.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(SPFarm farm, Uri requestUri, Boolean contextSite, SPUserToken userToken) 
           at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(String requestUrl) 
           at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetWebRelativeUrlFromUrl(String strUrl, Boolean includeQueryString, Boolean canonicalizeUrl) 
           at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetWebRelativeUrlFromUrl(String strUrl) 
           at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetFile(String strUrl) 
           at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.Checkin.get_File() 
           at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.Checkin.OnLoad(EventArgs e) 
           at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() 
           at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

But I can click 'Send to' then click 'download a copy' and I get the file just fine. I can go anywhere on this site and try to checkout a file and I get nothing. I have checked the system and application logs and no errors are being generated. What would be causing me not to be able to checkout files?

• Edited by Josephs911 Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:04 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 6:59 PM

Answers

• Hello ,

Thank you for your post. I have a few question to better understand the issue.

Is the issue happening with all documents or just a few documents on the library . Can you check the behavior from within the server itself when you have logged in with service account . Also what is the behavior on a new document library.

Also in the document library settings, please let us know the following  values for the following

Content Approval

Document Version History

Require Check Out

Also can you enhance the ULS logging to verbose and may be use a tool like ULS viewer and then repeat the checkout process . Once you have the logs please post the  details here for a better understanding of the issue .

Regards,
    Manas Biswas
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 4, 2011 4:47 PM