none
Connection failed with error 1062

Question

• Hi,

When i want to  create a Broadband Connection in windows 8.1 pro preview i get Connection failed with error 1062

how i can solve this problem?

Thursday, August 15, 2013 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please run network troubleshooting to check which service has not been started.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 19, 2013 6:13 AM
  • Hi,

Please run network troubleshooting to check which service has not been started.

Niki Han

Thansk

I run network troubleshooting tools but it not be helpful and can not find problem.

Monday, August 19, 2013 1:41 PM
  • How about setting up the connection anyway?

Niki Han

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10:20 AM
  • Hello, Niki! I am experiencing the same problem. Setting the connection anyway only renders the  "An unexpected error occured" message when you try to double click it. 

The problem seems a little more complex, meaning that while my Wi-Fi is working properly, when I try to connect the Ethernet cable to the laptop, I can not set up a PPPoE connection because of this 1062 error. I have discovered this direct cable connection problem because it seems that through Wi-Fi, the Windows App Store and all other Windows apps do not recognize my internet connection.

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:29 PM
  • Hello, do you have any news related to how to solve this problem?
    Friday, April 18, 2014 8:06 PM
  • I just get the error again. 

We have two desktops running Win 7, connected to a Comcast cable access point through a bridge. Also a laptop running Win 8.1 which is normally connect by WiFi. 

I want to connect the laptop by Eathernet to copy some music files. When I try to connect the laptop to the bridge, and get this message.

Monday, April 28, 2014 10:40 PM
  • I had the same problem and it  got resolved as follows.

1. Press Win key + R.

2. type services.msc and enter.

3.  Services  Window will open.

4. Look for the service "Windows Event Log".

5. Right click on it and choose restart.

6. If it brings the "Restart other Services" Dialog box, Press yes.

7. If this resolved your problem, Right click on the Service "Windows Event Log" again and choose properties and make sure you have "Startup type" set to  Automatic.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 3:55 PM