Client NAP non-capable RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed NPS on windows server 2008 and configure NAP enforcement policy. My clients are windows 7 machine and they are configured to be NAP capable. However, after some time, they will become non-NAP capable. The option that is checked to enforce network access protection go will totally disappear which caused the client to be non-NAP capable.

May i know how do i solve this?

Sunday, July 10, 2011 7:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It sounds like there might be a conflict between local policy and Group Policy. Check these settings from the command line with "netsh nap client show group" and "netsh nap client show config"

If you have anything configured in Group Policy, it will override the local configuration.

-Greg

Monday, July 11, 2011 5:57 AM
  • Hi,

There is no group policy configured. when i run netsh nap client show group, there is no configurations.

There only thing i have configured on the client machine is to enable EAP Quaratine Enforcement client.

Name: EAP Quarantine Enforcement Client

ID: 79623

Admin: Enabled

Thanks

Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:14 AM
  • Hi,

The setting you mentioned is not part of the NAP client settings that will display when you use netsh nap client show group. It is part of the wired or wireless configuration in Group Policy. Can you check this and see if this setting is defined there?

-Greg

Sunday, August 14, 2011 6:58 AM