none
permissions to use the available view RRS feed

• Question

• I get this message when opening a project gantt chart. : "Either you don't have permissions to use the available view, or there is no view available to display the data. Contact the person who manages your Project Web App site"

This causes the user to get kicked out of the project detailed page and if you're quick you can click another PDP and then stay in the project. What setting must be enabled for the user to see this view? As an Admin i can both view and edit a schedule, but i want the users to only view.

Both "View Project Centerand "View Project Schedule View" is enabled fin the group permission.

I also have "View Project Schedule Project Web App" and "View Project Summery in Project Center" enabled as global permissions.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Friday, May 11, 2018 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Requires to have View project schedule in Porject Web App, which is your case.

If you are in Project Server mode:

What you need to check is if the user, via its category, has access to the default Project view. Open PWA settings > Manage views. Open the view, at the bottom you have the list of categories that can use it. Ensure that your user, via a group belongs to one of these categories

Hope this helps

Jeremy 

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:11 PM