Operations manager SDK - Retrieving VMM data. RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,

I currently have the need to gather statistics from all the virtual machines deployed in VMM. VMM being a part of the system center suite deployment of operations manager I have been directed to  use the Operations Manager SDK's to connect and retrieve this data. Using the provided documentation I have connected to my instance of operations manager successfully but I cannot find the data I am looking for. I need to record vm vCPU count, the vRAM and to consumed disk space. How do I navigate past the ManagementGroup object to locate VMM virtual machine data?

Is this even the best mean of gathering the data I need?

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, March 27, 2016 4:41 PM

Answers

• Hello,

After integrating SCOM with VMM, we can have agents installed on those virtual machines that hold in VMM, this way, we can monitor them just like monitoring other machine, with Windows Operating system management pack imported, we should be able to monitor and collect those virtual machines' performance data.

In addition, hope the article below regarding to SCVMM monitoring can be helpful for you:

http://www.ms4u.info/2014/01/monitoring-integration-between-scvmm.html

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Thursday, April 7, 2016 5:57 AM
    Monday, March 28, 2016 1:43 AM