Attempting to Filter a malware application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have users that are trying to upload compressed files (7zip).  The file contains tftpd32.exe and must contain it.  The Real-time SharePoint Forefront scanner is returning the message:

Malware Found Malware not-a-virus:Server-FTP.Win32.Tftpd.b within file XLA360_12-1-9.7z has been detected

The file tftpd32.exe is being marked as Server-FTP.Win32.Tftpd.b and is contained within a .zip within a .7z

I would like to set a skip detect for this in the Microsoft Forefront Protection 2010 for SharePoint administrator console, but I cannot figure it out.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

-Mike

Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:00 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I have users that are trying to upload compressed files (7zip).  The file contains tftpd32.exe and must contain it.  The Real-time SharePoint Forefront scanner is returning the message:

Malware Found Malware not-a-virus:Server-FTP.Win32.Tftpd.b within file XLA360_12-1-9.7z has been detected

The file tftpd32.exe is being marked as Server-FTP.Win32.Tftpd.b and is contained within a .zip within a .7z

I would like to set a skip detect for this in the Microsoft Forefront Protection 2010 for SharePoint administrator console, but I cannot figure it out.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

-Mike

Just quoting, using the wrong account originally
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:45 PM
  • This post is more about HOW to setup a Malware filter and less about this particular FTP program.  Any idea how to adjust anti malware settings?
    Friday, September 14, 2012 4:54 PM
  • Hey Mike ,

Thanks for the post , 

To djust the anti malware settings  - You have to config Your SP product for it , 

By this FPSP Client You get only the action of it (Anti Malware)

You can't config the FPSP client for anti malware settings .

Follow the link below , may it related to Your understanding :

http://certsrv.ru/spforefrontserver.en/html/858d08e7-ad44-44bb-aa1a-7e8cd919200b.htm

I'd be glad to answer any question

• Proposed as answer by Parker41-NEw Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:26 PM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 12:31 PM