none
How Can I Edit a Gantt? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a "Project Details" PDP and I believe our "Project Portfolio" gantt view on our home page is based off of that.   In SharePoint, I can edit a gantt.  But, I cannot seem to edit the gantt inside Project Portfolio (receive an error message that it cannot be edited).  I opened the gantt view settings and I did not see anything about "read only", etc. 

We have about 100 projects (simple metadata for them like #, name, start date, stop date, etc.) that we'd like to add to the gantt, but I do not want to have to add one project at a time via  Projects tab > New > Enterprise Project. 

I'm obviously VERY new to Project Server...but there just has to be a way to copy/paste a list of gantt contents from Excel to Project Server, right?!  If we can do it today in SharePoint, surly it can be done in Server. 

Your help is most appreciated!

- Susan E.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 6:42 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Not that much clear :) but let me try to give you some hints:

• You cannot edit schedule directly from the project center page (what you call your home page)
    • Project schedule can be edited project by project on each project site, using the PDP called: schedule
    • Projects need to be checked out before edit and checked in when done, a checked out file cannot be edited by other persons
    • You need to be member of the project to be able to edit it, exception to the server admin who can do almost everything.

You might check some of those info, please send update if this does not help you, and give more details

Jeremy

• Proposed as answer by Jeremy Cottino Wednesday, April 22, 2015 11:53 AM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2015 11:52 AM