Skype for Business 2016, Windows 10 Enterprise, Office 2016 Pro Plus RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Windows 10 with Office 2016 Pro Plus to 11 machines in a remote office.  Skype for Business 2016 will not start automatically even when it is checked in the box.

Is there something else I'm missing to get it to start when a user logs into their machine?

Thursday, September 8, 2016 6:06 PM

Answers

• Skype for Business 2016 will not start automatically even when it is checked in the box.

Select the "Automatically start the app when I log on to Windows" check box in Skype for Business will automatically generate the following registry key in the client machine:

key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Value: Lync
    Value data: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\lync.exe" /fromrunkey

If issue persists at the next user logon, go ahead and check whether the mentioned key exists or not.

Just a guess - It could be some security tools or enterprise policies, which are preventing programs from starting at user logon. Are there any other programs that start at user logon on the same machine?

Another way to make a program run at user logon is to add the shortcut to Windows' Startup folder. This folder can be launched by pressing "Win + R" and type "shell:startup" in the blank box, then press "Enter".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 9, 2016 7:51 AM